How Does Gown Rental Work?
When it comes to renting gowns, there are a few things you should know.
- Your Budget
- Your Style
- Your Reason for Renting a gown, and
- How does renting a gown actually work?
1) Your Budget
If your wedding gown budget is more comfortable and can afford to spend $1.5k - $2.5k, you can consider designer gowns. You can definitely pamper yourself with high-quality gowns with more intricate details and still be within your budget.
2) Your Style
Another deciding factor is your style, your character! You need to find a gown that suits your personality, your body type and most importantly, makes you feel confident and beautiful on your special day.
It'd be good to get a bridal shop with experienced consultants that can help you sift through the mountain of gowns to find the perfect gown for you.
3) Your Reason for Renting a Gown
One must also ask themselves why they choose to rent gowns. Most brides in Singapore prefer to rent gowns as it is more budget friendly and one can wear multiple gowns for the price of purchasing one gown. Renting is also a quicker alternative to purchasing a made-to-measure as making a gown from scratch will take a longer process.
4) How Does Renting a Gown Actually Work?
When you have decided that renting gowns is the best option for yourself, here are the next steps:
1) Finding The Right Bridal Boutique - Your budget and style will help you identify and select the right bridal shop for you. You can identify bridal shops that are within a certain price range using your budget. Then, based on your style preference to further narrow down your list of bridal shops and identify the best bridal shops for you.
However, it is also important to remember to take into account the quality of the gown. A high-quality gown can easily be identified by how it hugs your body. A good internal gown structure and cutting can do wonders for you as it will flatter your body and emphasize your best features. In short, do not fixate on the small price difference so that you don’t end up compromising on looking your best on your big day.
Gowns originated from Europe are often of higher quality due to their long history of experience in gown design. Europeans gowns tend to be more detailed in facbric usage and the placement of the appliques. While designing their gowns, they take into consideration every little detail in order to fit the body perfectly, it's all about balancing the body.
It is not uncommon that some brides may have unbalanced bodies such as shorter torso and longer legs or a longer torso and shorter legs. Therefore European gowns are designed in a way to emphasis a bride's best qualities as well as compliment the imperfect parts resulting the bride looking her best and feeling beautiful. European brands are in their element when they create such masterpieces.
That being said, there are definitely wonderful and skillful Asian gown producers out there.
2) Book Your First Appointment - After choosing your bridal shop, it’s time to book a consultation appointment. During this appointment, you will get to discuss with a consultant to help you identify what your ‘needs & wants’ for your big day! Your consultants will also help you find the right styles and cuttings of gowns that suits you.
This appointment will give you a feel of the quality and styles of the gowns the shop carries. Feeling and seeing the gown in real life is very different from seeing it in photos as well as wearing it.
At Luna Bianca, you will get to try 3 to 8 gowns (depending on the type of appointment you book) to find which style and cut suits you.
3) Package Signing - After your consultation, if you like what you see and know that the shop is the right shop for you, it is time to sign the package! It is also recommended to sign up with a bridal shop that can offer you multiple services such as gown rentals, photography, videography, and makeup as it is more cost-effective.
4) Gown Selection - After signing, it is time to select your gown. This Gown selection appointment will usually be 6-4 months before your wedding day. You will get to try as many gowns as needed to find the right one for you. Take your time, enjoy the process, and most importantly, keep an open mind.
5) Fitting Day - About 1 - 2 weeks before your wedding, you will get to do your fitting. This is when the gown has already been altered to your size. However, it is quite common for brides to gain or lose some weight between the selection appointment and the fitting day. Hence, this fitting day will also serve as a session to see if we need to alter the gown any further.
During your fitting, Luna’s experienced coordinators will make sure that you feel comfortable beautiful, and confident and that your gown fits you like a glove.
6) Collection Day - After making sure that the gown fits perfectly, you will usually collect your gown one day before your big day, which is a standard practice, and it is off to get yourself some beauty sleep!
7) Wedding Day - Now you are wearing your dream wedding gown. It is time to celebrate and enjoy your time with your family, friends, and most importantly, your other half! You can dance, eat, take photos, and basically do whatever you want in the gown you feel most beautiful in.
8) Return Day - After your glorious wedding, you can return the gown the following day to your bridal shop. Now your wedding day is complete, it is now time to relax and be off to your Honeymoon!
Whenever we talk about renting a gown in Singapore, we have to bring up pre-wedding photoshoots for couples. Because a wedding cannot be complete without carving your love story on this ever moving flow of time. Please read this article to know "What to prepare for Pre-wedding Photoshoot."
For some couples renting a gown is enough for their wedding plan. But don't misjudge the power of pre-wedding photos down the line in your life. Pre-Wedding photos serve lots of purposes for any couple.
Some do pre-wedding photos because they just want what others have. On the other hand, there are creative couples. They tend to choose pre-wedding photo session with different themes. For example, Dexter & Petrina's pre-wedding photoshots. Click here to see their plan and photos.
Gown Rental Packages Provided by Luna Bianca
Now, you've read and understood how the gown rental actually works, you should also learn how gown rental packages are.
Most of the Gown rental packages include these things: Professional Gown Alteration, Premium Bridal Accessories, and Dry Cleaning Fees.
There are 2 tiers of gowns selection Luna provides.
Click each of the names to go to the Packages details.
What are Full Wedding Packages?
Here, we'll peek into what a "Full Wedding Package" is and what you can expect from it. It is a package that includes both the pre-wedding and wedding day packages. Please click the above link to see the details.
And mostly, brides and grooms tend to choose their own uniqueness rather than something that is handed to them. For example, they may customize a package like this:
- Gown Rental, 1 for Pre and 1 for Actual Day,
- Suits Rental, same as no.1,
- 6 hour Pre-Wedding Photosession, and
- 10 Actual Day Photo & Video Package.
By customizing a bridal package themselve, they will have more control over their budget and confident in choosing the right Bridal Studio.